2020 Annual Meeting cancelled
In light of the current circumstances the Board of Directors and the management team at STEMC has decided it would be in the best interest of all to cancel the 2020 Annual Meeting.
Click below to see letter to members from the Board of Directors.
Lobbies ARE OPEN
Our lobbies are open to walk-in traffic in our five STEMC offices. We encourage members to practice social distancing inside our facilities and at the Kiosks.
As always, the drive-thru windows are open during normal business hours and Kiosks are available 24/7.
Members are encouraged to use online, phone and kiosk options to manage their account when possible.
2020 Board of Directors Election
Petitions have been received for the 2020 Election of the STEMC Board of Directors.
District 1, Position 4 - Tim Hanks (Incumbent)
District 2, Position 1 - William (Bill) Forsythe
District 2, Position 2 - Allen King (Incumbent)
Ballots will be mailed by July 10, 2020.
Members may vote for one candidate for each position.
STEMC Payment Options & Arrangements
We are willing to work with members who are struggling financially, on a case by case basis. They may contact our collections department to request payment extensions and make payment arrangements. Please contact us before your scheduled disconnect date.
Direct numbers for collectors may be found by clicking button below:
Miles of Line
STEMC's Facebook feed
Utility Pole Inspections
Quanta Utility Engineering Services (QUES), as a contractor of Southwest TN EMC, started inspecting poles August 29, 2019.
They are driving a white utility vehicle and UTVs with a flashing caution light on top. The vehicle has the name “QUES” on the door. All personnel will have ID cards showing employment with QUES.
They will be conducting these inspections over the next several months in the following areas (times are estimates based on the quantity of poles on each circuit):
- May and June 2020 – Atoka area – Atoka 244 and Atoka 254 – Marshall Road, Hwy 51 South, McLaughlin Drive, Tralee Drive, Kilkenny Drive, Munford Giltedge Road, Beaver Road, Munford Atoka Avenue, and the surrounding areas served by these lines
- July – Atoka area – Atoka 244 and Atoka 254 – Marshall Road, Hwy 51 South, McLaughlin Drive, Tralee Drive, Kilkenny Drive, Munford Giltedge Road, Beaver Road, Munford Atoka Avenue, and the surrounding areas served by these lines (same as May and June)
- August – Atoka area – Galloway 264, Hwy 70, Burrowtown Road, Witherington Road, Burrow Cemetery Road, and the surrounding areas served by these lines
- September – Atoka area – Drummonds 264, Richardson Landing, Pryor Road, Dolan Road, and the surrounding areas served by these lines
- October and November – Henderson area – Beech Bluff 224, Saint Road, Needmore Road, Diamond Grove, Mifflin Road, Luray Lane, Hwy 200, and the surrounding areas served by these lines
- December – Brownsville area – Morris 254 and 264, Denmark-Leighton, Denmark-Jackson, Britton Lane, Wilhite Road, Vine Hill Road, Huntersville-Denmark Road, Saint John Road, Womack Lane, and the surrounding areas served by these lines
QUES will be inspecting approximately 9,000 poles per year for the next ten years in order to cover our entire field inventory. The inspections will include an excavation and treatment of STEMC utility poles in order to prolong the life of the utility pole by an average of 25-30 years. This is a cost-effective method of extending the life of these STEMC assets, saving the members money. Therefore, it makes our system more reliable, safe and affordable.