Open New Account
If you are new to our state or just our service area, we welcome you to Southwest Tennessee. The employees and directors of Southwest Tennessee Electric Membership Corporation consider it a priviledge to serve you.
If you have never received service from an electric cooperative, you may be wondering why you join Southwest Tennessee Electric as a “member.” STEMC is an electric cooperative, and as such, we are owned by the members (or customers) that we serve.
As an owner, you elect the directors who establish the policies and set the direction for the cooperative. The purpose of STEMC is to provide a service to our members – not make a profit for investors. We hope that you will discover that being a member has its rewards.
You may visit any of our district offices to apply for service. Click here for office locations. You can download and complete an application for service and bring with you to expedite the process.
- A membership fee of $5 is due with your application for service. This charge is refunded when your account is closed.
- A connection fee of $35 is charged for each meter or security light set. Only one fee is charged if the meter and the light are set at the same time. No resets will be done before 8:00 AM or after 11:00 PM.
Members requiring electric service on a temporary basis may be required by Distributor to pay all costs for connection and disconnection incidental to the supplying and removing of service. This rule applies to circuses, carnivals, fairs, temporary construction, and the like.
- A $10 fee is added to a delinquent bill when collected at the member’s residence.
- If arrangements are made to extend a due date, the member may be subject to a $10.00 Arrangement To Pay (ATP) fee.
- The minimum residential deposit is $400, unless you choose the Flexpay option.
- The minimum general power deposit is 2 times the average monthly bill.
Interest may be paid on deposits meeting certain criteria. See your customer service representative for more information. Deposits are refundable once your account is closed.