Heat Pump Financing
The energy right Heat Pump Financing Program is designed to encourage the installation of electric heat pumps meeting program standards and requirements at residential dwellings and small commercial businesses.
Southwest Tennessee Electric maintains a list of heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) contractors that have met the requirements for the Quality Contractor Network (QCN). These QCN members have met the requirements of program training, evidence of a valid business license, minimum required insurance and certification by a manufacturer to sell, install, and service the manufacturer’s equipment.
- A 6.0% to 8.0% promotional interest loan with a 10 year payback is available for a limited time.
- This special financing rate will apply to all heat pumps with a minimum SEER 14.5 for split level design heat pumps or 14 for package designed heatpumps.
- Inspections are required on all financed installations.
Heat Pump Program Financing
Financing a heat pump through Southwest Tennessee Electric and the TVA energy right program is relatively simple.
- Members must first qualify for financing. This is done through a credit check process.
- A Southwest Tennessee Electric representative will take your information over the phone by calling 1-800-772-0472.
- Be prepared to give the following information: account number, address, length of time at address, prior address if at current address fewer than 3 years, social security number, date of birth, and drivers license number.
- Be certain to have the necessary information for all parties you wish to be named on the application.
- Once you have been approved for participation in the program, you will receive a packet in the mail. This packet will contain some paperwork you will need to complete and return, as well as a QCN list.
- It is the responsibility of the member to contact dealers on the Quality Contractor Network Member List or, QCN list and get quotes.
- Southwest Tennessee Electric does not require that you get a certain number of quotes; however, we do suggest at least two.
- Finally, select a dealer and schedule the installation.
- Once the dealer has completed the job, they will notify Southwest Tennessee Electric.
- A Southwest inspector will then inspect the job before the dealer is paid.
- Once the dealer is paid, you will be billed monthly by Southwest Tennessee Electric for repayment of the loan.
There is no warranty, either express or implied, by TVA or Southwest Tennessee Electric, as to the cost, adequacy, or effectiveness of any work performed by your contractor in connection with the program.
Members wanting more information about the heat pump financing program may contact Martha Traylor at 1-731-585-0542.
All work to be financed by must be completed by a member of the Quality Contractor Network.